Join CMS, commit to healthy living with Scale Back Alabama
January 7, 2019
This year we are celebrating a New Year, New You! As the New Year brings new resolutions, join the Carrington Medical Spa’s Scale Back Alabama team and commit or (RE-commit) to a healthier lifestyle.
With Scale Back Alabama, you can not only set a goal to lose weight and get healthier, but you can also win! Teams can channel their inner champion and register for Scale Back Alabama, the state’s largest weight loss and physical activity competition.
This year’s 9-week competition will begin with weigh-in week, January 21-25. The competition is free, and participants must be at least 18 years old and live or work in Alabama. Teams and individuals who return for a final weigh-in during the week of April 2–8 and succeed in losing at least 10 pounds qualify to win a share of $14,500 in cash prizes. Teams are made up of two people (no more, no less).
It’s easy to register a two-person team
· Visit scalebackalabama.com/project/register or via the Scale Back Alabama app (only one registration per team of two)
· If possible, print your registration confirmation page
· Visit Carrington Medical Spa, located at 8178 Gadsden Highway, Suite 117, Trussville, during weigh-in week on January 21-25 from 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. (take registration confirmation with you) and Sat. Jan. 26 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Prizes will be drawn on April 17, 2018
· Team prizes (if both team members lose 10 pounds) – Three teams are drawn to win $1,000 per team member; three teams are drawn to win $500 per team member; three teams are drawn to win $250 per team member.
· Individual prizes (if a team member loses 10 pounds, but his or her teammate does not) – 40 individuals are drawn to win $100 each.
About Scale Back Alabama: Scale Back Alabama is a public awareness campaign hosted by the Alabama Hospital Association and the Alabama Department of Public Health, with generous support from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama. The contest started in January 2007 to address Alabama’s adult obesity rate. Alabama is ranked third in adult obesity with a rate of 35.7 percent. The total number of pounds lost statewide is 1.35 million with over 317,000 participants.